Monday 9 June 2014

Welcome to my Bible Teaching Spot

Hi I'm Gary Ward, a Christian for 25 years as of 2014.  I was saved at 22 years of age and have been in full time Christian Ministry until 2000.  I obtained a BA (Honors) Degree in Biblical Theology from The University of Sheffield and a Diploma in Christian Ministry with merit.  Sounds great doesn't it?

However the earthly qualifications, experience and mission trips (I won't bother with them) are absolutely pointless without engaging the risen, glorified Christ continually.  I've not met every Christian but I can say without any shadow of doubt that the majority I have met have been, as I was, diverted from the vibrancy of this relationship.  How so? Mostly by the ministry, mission and peripheral church issues that we all seem to get drawn into.

Leading up to the year 2000 I was increasingly led to withdraw from the ministry team I was in, being primed as a national Evangelist.  From their, through a painful number of years, The Lord gradually showed me with what the Bible actually says and not what history has imposed upon it.  Of course the Lord placed people in my path to demonstrate all this.  Still on this journey, I wanted to outline some of the observations and ideas that so starkly contrast the world of 'ministry' I had been born into.

Someone once said in a much courser way:  "The truth shall set you free... but first it will annoy you."  This is very true.  If you are serious about being only about Jesus and only about what the Word of God says you will enjoy this blog.  However, these writings will expose some deep issues we all have regarding our relationship with God and self.  That the church needs another reformation is what my actual leading is in all this.  However, in the last Reformation of Theology in the 16th Century it had people getting on board with an idea without exploring the inner consequences of Man's heart.  The result was a partial Reformation where the Protestants became just as exclusive and hard headed as the Roman Catholics.

I don't want to get into all that right here but I just want to underline that it is the heart of Man that needs Holy Spirit assaulting to usher in what is so urgently needed in ekklesia.  Do feedback on the subjects and don't be afraid to stick the boot in... obviously in love.

Gary Ward
Brother




Gary Ward believes the Bible is the Word of God to Mankind in it's original languages.

No comments:

Post a Comment