Friday 5 September 2014

Book #1

I've been a bit quiet because I have to write my book again.  I Struggle with the act of having to get people interested by inserting really self orientated nonsense.  Its all a little straightforward I'm afraid.   So I'm going to blog parts of my book as I write it.  Feel free to comment ...

The Cogs of the Kingdom

Exploring the Saving Plan of God
Introduction
In these last days it is vital that all people get to grips with what the Bible says.   Believers have become fluent in ‘verses’ to furnish their understanding of God.   When issues come along we have memorised helpful parts of the text and applied them to our situation.  What I want to do is lead believers into understanding the Bible the way it is meant to be understood.  The Bible communicates truth via patterns and understanding the patterns helps us with the overarching aim of it all.  That aim is to connect you to the Risen, Glorified Lord on an ongoing basis.  From this position we have all we need to walk in God’s purposes, to transform us and maybe send us to do a work. 
When I get into a car I know what to do to get me from a to b.  What I am clueless about is the actual workings of the engine. For my car I can go to a mechanic and pay him to know how to fix the car.  With ‘salvation’ it is different.  We have to know the workings if we are to walk well.  In 25 years of trying to follow Jesus I can relay this advice:  “Trust Jesus.”  But I have found that when we do trust Jesus, the Lord is keen for us to understand his word so we can better engage his Risen, Glorified self.  He is our source, our resource.  When anchored into Him, we have all our inner deficits met.  We can find wholeness in completely abandoning to him.  We find we are a stream of life to our brothers and sisters as He flows through us into this world. 
The Bible is a manual for connecting to the Lord.  That is the aim.  However we must have some means to understand what that entails.  I hope this book will help the process. 


Gary Ward

1 comment:

  1. In these last days it is vital that all people get to grips with what the Bible says. Believers have become fluent in ‘verses’ to furnish their understanding of God. When issues come along we have memorised helpful parts of the text and applied them to our situation.

    Thank you for pointing this out Gary. We need to see the 'Whole Story' to really understand the Good News. Taking out individual scriptures can cause bondage and abuse. It can also distort who God really is; what He is doing, and what He has done.

    ReplyDelete