Tuesday 12 August 2014

ISIS... the deaths we see

I've had some some thoughts about the situation in Iraq.  When I saw the images of children being killed I was asking Jesus what he was going to do.  I began repenting because of this Western-ism I am trapped in...

I see children killed in a country and demand action from the Lord yet I know millions of children die in the womb yet don't really do anything about it.  Abortion has become another worldly statistic.  Back in 1990 when I was first a Christian I stood outside an abortion clinic and challenged those going in.  Schoolgirls got out of BMW's and hastily headed for the clinic doors.  It was confronting for me and them.

Returning from those mornings made me experience brokenness for the first time.  But that was 24 years ago.  Apparently I'm a mature Christian now... those radical days are over. But it appears so is my sensitivity to the realities of this world.  I've been sucked into the lie that 'if I can see it, it matters."  Of course it does matter what is going on in Iraq but I'm knee jerked into action by what I see.  Dulled by media, abortion is something that is unseen... so it's not as important...

Except it is.  It's the biggest genocide in all of history.

I don't know what to do about it.  Praying is obviously a key to all of this but the tide of killing in the name of convenience goes on.  Feeling utterly helpless and quite useless in these matters is humbling. I am reminded I am part of Satan's world and spiritual powers are at work. I think God knows that if we could do anything we would.  Its just that these atrocities must occur.

Come Lord Jesus.

Gary Ward


No comments:

Post a Comment